Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Flash Mob For Jobs Event! Hire American Professionals! PinkSlipMixers.com Event
Thursday, March 22, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
- Military Personnel who are entering the private workforce
- Traditional Unemployed Professionals, many who are long-term
- Entry Level and newly graduating workforce.
- Military Personnel are highly skilled, especially in technology. However, the civilian community does not fully understand that the skills our military professionals have learned are more transferable than perceived. Our "Call To Action" is for companies to take a stronger look at our Servicemembers and offer them jobs.
- Many of the 14 million unemployed have re-purposed and developed more skills that are current in the marketplace. These workers have high experience and strong skills that were enhanced by further education and training over the last 4 years. Employers should recognize these new skills combined with their previous experience and rehire these professionals. Our "Call To Action" is for companies to retool their workforce for the better by hiring these enhanced workers.
- Many of the other 14 million unemployed should understand the employers plight because the market is still tender. Hiring is a must for almost all of the companies to grow, but the high costs to hire such employment taxes, benefits and etc, make hiring almost as difficult as growing the revenue line. Our "Call To Action" is for job seekers to approach companies and "Apply on a Project Basis", usually as an independent contractor.
- Entry level professionals are entering the most difficult job market on record. Our "Call To Action" for the new workers is to be more entrepreneurial and offer to also work on a "project basis" level so they can build their experience.
- Greater communication between the Hiring Community and the Job Seeker Community. Our "Call To Action" is to have "Townhall Meetings" to discuss where we as citizens can find solutions to work with one another and not rely on politics to decide where our future leads us.
- Meet on Wilshire Blvd on Thurs. March 22 starting at 9 am on Wilshire. The entire event will last only 30 minutes.
- Each block will represent one of the focus groups
- Military professionals to meet on block between Veterans Avenue and Midvale Avenue
- Traditional unemployed will meet on block between Midvale Avenue and Westwood Ave
- New Entry Level and Students will meet on block between Westwood Ave and Glendon Avenue
- We will need to create a strong FB, Twitter, G+ campaign to share the event.
- The visuals
- Everyone MUST be in PROFESSIONAL ATTIRE
- Every focus group will be given two sheets of paper
- Pink Paper to represent Pink Slips and Unemployment
- Depending on Focus Group:
- Military will have Blue Sheet
- Traditional Unemployed will have White Sheet
- New Entry Workers will have Red Sheets
- Throughout the event, everyone will hold up and wave both sheets
- At a specified time, everyone will rip the pink sheets to represent that we are tired of the slow economy and ready to work
When & Where
PinkSlipMixers 2.0 hosts job networking events to support and encourage job seekers through the recession. Guests "Pay it Forward" by exchanging job search tips, forwarding job postings, and "Tweeting" about things they talk about and hear in the crowd. Twitter Feeds are broadcast live during the event. Pink Slip Mixers 2.0 events are currently in California, Nevada, Georgia and Florida. For more information, go to: www.pinkslipmixers.com